"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Saturday, February 25, 2012

decisions, thoughts and single parenting

Several times over this past month, I have started composing a post. However, each time writing was a burden rather than an extension of thoughts, so I quit. Quitting has been one of my themes for the month. This month, I have had so many other situations that have drained me, that putting thoughts "to paper" was not worth it. I haven't kept up with my housework either. So be warned, this post is not uplifting.

Lately, I have been faced with several decisions to make. I either avoid making decisions like the plague or I make decisions as quickly as possible to get it over with as soon as possible. I do not remember if I struggled thus with making decisions prior to my husband's death or not. My memory fails me often. Maybe it is just that I no longer have my partner to share my pros and cons with or more likely, he had such a skilled way of thinking that he could cut right to what was truly important.

More than once this month the loneliness of single parenting has stung. It hurts when there are conflicts in responsibilities and I cannot be 2 or 3 places at once. The latest is that the date of my son's end of the season wrestling banquet has been changed a week before the event. It has been changed to a night that my principal has required that all faculty attend an evening event. I cannot be in 2 places at once. I have searched for other possible solutions. We have no other close acquaintances in our wrestling world and non-wrestling friends have busy lives.

My son now faces such news with resign because he has heard it before. He doesn't complain but it breaks my heart and makes me feel like I have failed. I pray that God will use these disappointments to make us both spiritually stronger. Now I am off to have some quiet time before the boys wake up. Praying to reclaim my joy and peace in abundance.

dinner:
a mish mash(something different for each...gluten free pizza, ravioli, chicken pot pie

currently reading:
little house in the big woods
no other gods

helping children know God
1 samuel

today grateful for:
God
my boys
the bible

a warm house

No comments: