This evening was busy and joyous. My youngest lost his first baby tooth (bottom front) and for our second year, the boys and I celebrated Passover with a Seder. It tickles me how much the boys enjoy new tradition. This year we observed it a day early since our family night is Wednesday. Although it is a special meal served on our best dishes, the boys decided to take off their "dress" shirts from school picture day and wear white undershirts. Definitely worth a chuckle.This year, I was blessed to find the Christian resource for a Seder in the Thriving Family magazine to use as our version of a Haggadah. I smiled with motherly joy through the entire meal as I listened to how much the boys knew of the Passover and Easter story. My favorite part was when they each took a turn praying. My heart is floating in a state of bliss.
Years ago, after viewing a Zola Levitt special, Andy and I had many conversations about celebrating Passover with the Seder. The Seder is what Jesus celebrated as the Last Supper and the symbolism of the ancient tradition points to the Messiah. So this the new tradition for our family.
dinner:
Seder elements
lamb shanks in mint and rosemary sauce
mashed potatoes
charoset
Passover is here!
thriving family
no other gods
my single mom life
barefoot church
exodus
today grateful for:
Christ
God
my boys
Passover
Easter
No comments:
Post a Comment