"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Third Day

(posted via cell phone -please eXCuuuse mistakes)

My best friend & her family came over to help me dig out of our recent foot of snow. While we were hanging out, she was reading Andy's blog (jestersbasement...see link called dh's blog) which I had had printed into a softbound book. We laughed out loud numerous times. She read one post in which he writes about his Pandora internet radio account and she asked me if I had gone to the site or listened to any of it. I had not. So tonight I have come down to his basement computer to listen to his Pandora. Upon accessing it, the first song to play was Third Day's "Cry out to Jesus." I am sure I have heard it more than a dozen times, but I never really noticed the 1st line:
"To everyone whose lost someone they love long before it was their time. You feel like the days you had were not enough when you said goodbye."
........sigh.........

I am attempting to embed &/or post a link to their video from youtube as I post this via cell phone. I know if you click on the words "third day" in the title it will take you to the video. and yes, I am up waaaay to late tonight but it is one of those nights and tomorrow is a snow day after all.

Dinner tonight: out

Currently reading: A Grace Disguised: How the soul grows through loss (Wow! It is like the author was reading my mind.---thanks Scott & Margo)

Currently listening to: Third Day

Thankful for:
good friends
a snow day with my boys
the amazing big brother that Tim is
God's peace & joy in the midst of pain

1 comment:

Scott Heine said...

Stumbling into the Third Day song is amazing. Truly. Nice to know our Father really, really understands. :)

Glad you're enjoying the book. I feel the same way.