"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Face up

Third Day's new single, Lift Up Your Face, is an AWESOME song. The group has done it again-by making a song that rocks and is soulful with a full open heart of worship. The opening just takes me there because it features the Blind Boys of Alabama. Andy sang a Blind Boys song, "I shall not walk alone," at a funeral--it was powerful. Andy introduced me to both of these musical groups. Thank you, my love.



Whenever I hear Third Day's new song, I cannot help but let myself go into a mental place of worship. It is a "crank up the volume and sing out at the top of your voice" song. I reminds me of my favorite Bible verse----
"Those who look to him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5 niv

The darkness and smothering weight of depression, loneliness, fear, worry, shame--all these vanish when you look to his radiant face. Thank you God's musicians for pointing his way-face up.

Not only does this song say the salvation of God is calling everyone's name, it also speaks to my heart by saying the salvation of God means total freedom from fear and worry. Salvation is like the "Nestea plunge" from days of old---just lift up your arms and fall back into His presence with no worries, just joy.



harmony sung facing God----true joy

No comments: