We take for granted
they are there when we get home,
they are there when we go to pick them up,
they are there when we call them on the phone,
they are there when we call their names out loud,
they are there when we go to wake them up in the morning,
they are there at the start of each day,
they are there when we go to say goodnight.
It is when someone is not in one of those places and times in which we expected them that we realize, we took it for granted.
For 2 1/2 years, I have had many instances where I felt the emptiness of one of those times or I looked into Andy's eyes in one of the photographs of him and thought to myself, "I cannot believe he is not here," or "I cannot believe he is gone." A denial of sorts---yet I knew it was true.
This morning I realized that I have not had such a thought in a while. I don't know how long. I just seemed to notice this morning.
currently listening to:
quiet (before the Saturday morning cartoon storm)
dinner: (last night)
smoky sweet flank steak
new potatoes
mandarin orange spinach salad
5 conversations you must have with your son
the reading promise
the magician's nephew
it's all too much
hebrews/2corithinians/1thessalonians
today grateful for:
Christ
my boys
my mother-in-law
the Bible
clean water
in the house plumbing
coffee
our home
God's presence
No comments:
Post a Comment