"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Saturday, June 18, 2011

how can you tell if it is a battle or a blockade?

Today a group from our church was heading out for a mission trip to Mexico. Had it not been for several difficulties and occurrences they would be flying out of the country at this hour. However, all are currently back in their own beds tonight. Tomorrow they will head to the airport before the crack of dawn for a second attempt. There were even several difficulties prior to this weekend as they began to prepare for the trip.

After getting a call from my best friend, who is one of the chaperones for this trip, I began to wonder how we discern whether we are running up against resistance from satan or from God. Facing decisions before, I have heard Christians pray for God to make the way clear, to give them peace, etc. So in a case such as this one, is God making His resistance clear or are we to persevere through what appears to be hardships? Sometimes it is not until after we get through one of these situations that we have the hindsight of our decisions. I know there have been several cases where I had the tiniest check about a decision, event or action, but I was more aware of the meaning of that check after the fact. Several times I have acted upon that check and all has appeared to go smoothly and I have not heard "a loud voice from heaven" confirming that I acted correctly. Sometimes, I wonder if I missed a check during Andy's last days. ...so many unanswered questions.

currently listening to:
silence

dinner:
salad
grilled shrimp caprese

currently reading:
all over but the shoutin
the reading promise
the magician's nephew
1thessalonians, ephesians

today grateful for:
my boys
the Bible

my mother-in-law
provision
working automobiles
friends
summer rain

VBS

No comments: