I am quite frustrated by my forgetfulness. Today, once again I forgot an appointment. It seems that no matter what system or reminders I use, at least once or twice a month, I forget something important. I have calendars, electronic reminders on my phone, post-it notes around the house, but my memory still regularly fails me. I used to tease Andy that he was my better half because he was the better half of my brain.
I so appreciate businesses and offices that call to remind me the day before an appointment. I do so feel like I have flunked the "good mother" program when I forget such. Another feeling bad for forgetting occasion, I took my son's DS because he wouldn't stop playing it. I promptly put it somewhere safe and out of his sight. Then I totally forgot where I hid it and I could not find it for several days. He was not happy with me to say the least. Now I use that to my advantage because I will threaten him and say, "Put your DS away or I will have to take it and you know what that can mean."
We used to joke about my absent-mindedness. Once Andy and I were at a restaurant and witnessed a waitress leading a very elderly woman by the arm while telling her, "Hon, here is your husband." I joked that I was going to have a shirt made with Andy's photo on the front along with the printed statement, "I belong to..."
When I hear Francesca Battistelli's song, I do try to find the blessing in all of this. I do strive to live in the moments and enjoy life. I guess when I am not remembering anything else, I am totally living in the moment---right?
currently listening to:
Francesca Battistelli
Johnny Test
lunch:
popcorn and soda at the movie "Cars 2"(part of that "good" mother program)
believing God
good grief
the lion the witch and the wardrobe
2 chronicles
today grateful for:
my boys
the Bible
provision
shade
flowers
No comments:
Post a Comment