in the car on the way home one afternoon...
4 year old........ "Mom, L is my best friend."
me.................. "Oh? I thought N was your best friend."
4 year old........ "He is."
me.................."Oh, okay."
4 year old........ "I have a lot of best friends."
me.................. "Really? Who?"
4 year old........ "All the people who honor God and not the people who don't honor God."
me.................. "Really? God wants us to love everyone."
4 year old........ silence
during our Passover Seder...
9 year old........ (looking at the table set with dishes and the Seder plate) "Is this all we get to eat? Where is the rest of the food?"
4 year old........ (during the Seder) "Can we eat now?"
(later during the Seder) "I want real food."
9 year old........ (after the entire meal) "This is cool. I like this. Can I have some more matzoh?"
dinner, the day following our Seder...
me.................."You know that Jesus and the disciples probably ate food similar to this, fish and lentils."
9 year old........ "Is this another Passover meal?"
No comments:
Post a Comment