"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

additional thoughts

Today I read the passage quote below in a Morningstar devotional by Rick Joyner.

It made me think of my last blog post about about feeling powerless and healing.

As stated, there are good and bad questions, which can actually be the same question. Whether they are good or bad is determined by our motives. There was nothing wrong with Eve wanting to understand theTree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was only wrong for her to eat from it. God created us with curiosity, which is the foundation of a seeking heart. However, we must always guard ourselves against the trap that Eve fell into, which is doubting God. He is true, just, and always has our best interests in mind. Anything that causes us to doubt Him will lead to evil. This often begins with a simple tendency to just want to bend the rules.

It is the Lord's delight to turn our weaknesses into strengths. It is the devil's delight to turn our strengths into weaknesses, or opportunities to cause us to fall. He will try to take a seeking heart and turn it into a cynical heart. A cynical heart questions everything from the perspective of doubt rather than faith. This has caused the tragic fall of journalism in our own time, taking those who begin with a desire for truth and understanding, and sowing such a cynical attitude in them that they often become strongholds for the accuser of the brethren. “

I don’t think in this case I am being cynical. (I am definitely cynical on other occasions.) I don’t think I doubt God when I consider unanswered prayer. Instead I am questioning the human interpretation of God’s promises. I believe God’s promises speak to the protection of our soul and protection from being separated from Him.

Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: