Tonight we attended our regular meeting of the bereavement support group for kids and families. As the adult group met, I spoke of what a comfort Andy's blog has been to me. Periodically, I go back and read what he wrote to reminisce, remember life events or just because. It is like I can hear his voice as I read his words.
This month would have been our 15th anniversary. So I went back and read
his post of our 10th anniversary...
...life
autumn
...then others about the boys.
amazement
faith
fatherhood
He would be so proud of the boys.
T is a responsible, considerate young man. For the past several weeks, T has taken initiative and responsibility to do all of his assigned chores and ask what else he can do. He has kept up with his laundry, cleaning his room and keeping up with his homework. He is learning so much in the way of faith and the ways of God. I love those moments when he explains these things he has learned and knows.
M is maturing as well. Tonight in his group, he made his brother a special jar and presented it to T. They embraced and showed the kind of brotherly love that we pray for.
I know there will be days of frustration but I want to remember these small reflections on my joys. I love my boys no matter what. When they read these words and reminisce of days past, they will remember these small moments and how proud I am of them.
dinner:
at bereavement group-pizza, fruit, veggies and cupcakes
currently listening to:
game 5 of the world series
currently reading:
1 corinthians 13
roll of thunder, hear my cry
run your butt off
just enough light for the step i'm on
today grateful for:
my two, amazing, wonderful boys
andy's writings
faith
God's peace
His word
my brother
my job
good health
bereavement resources
1 comment:
Andy's blog is beautiful!! I wept.
(I need to make a point to read more!)
He loved you so much :)
Post a Comment