We started the morning with some friends from the midwest who visited and stayed overnight on their way to North Carolina. M was very sad when they had to leave. He was still sad this evening as we said our prayers. He is very sensitive to having to separate or say goodbye.
My students have less than 7 days of school before their summer break and therefore, they are distracted, giddy, fidgety, and more talkative than usual. So I decided my lessons needed to be much more active and physically engaging. With my upper grade classes, we did an airplane lesson. The stunt planes have been flying overhead several days this week in preparation for this weekend's airshow. We reviewed biographies, nonfiction and learned about Bessie Coleman, a notable woman stunt pilot. Then we made paper airplanes that could do multiple loops. Three of my fifth grade students came into class stomping, grumbling, huffing and puffing and in general making it very obvious that they did not want to be there. I loved having a part in changing their outlooks in the 40 minutes they were with me. \o/ woot!
At the end of the school day, one of my former students, came to visit. He is a high school senior and will be graduating next week. He wanted to share his enjoyment and remembrance of a book that I had given him when he was in fifth grade. Okay, I could float on that cloud for days--sigh!
Last month I had the opportunity to visit with and thank my kindergarten teacher.
Life is short. Take the time to share joys with and thank those who have nurtured or encouraged you along the way. You will encourage them.
This evening, I finished planting the last of my "garden" (lettuce, tomato, herbs) into pots on the back deck. Digging in the dirt is a delicious and therapeutic thing.
currently listening to:
live webcast of the weekend women's conference at Morningstar
dinner:
leftovers (burritos)
john, joshua
the privilege of persecution
today grateful for:
Christ
my boys
technology which allows live access to ministries/teaching
the bible
friends
springtime
provision
good health
No comments:
Post a Comment