This summer we are not going on a long trip as we have done for the past 2 summers since Andy died. We have plans for cub scout day camp VBS, and a short trip to a nearby MLB game. I think the first summer after Andy died, I did not want to spend any long period of time in the house. Travel was a way to keep us occupied. This summer I want to get some organization and housework done and just "hang out."
On a sweet note, today my 4 year old took his "Beginner's Bible for Toddlers" to church in his Bob-The Tomato case. He "read along" in his Bible as I read the story of Jesus walking on water during our preschool lesson. As we went out to eat lunch and ran a few errands, he took his Bible everywhere. Then he "read" it throughout the afternoon, including one time when he crawled under the dining table for, as he put it, his quiet time. If it just were possible to capture these sorts of moments to remember their sweetness for years and years to come.
currently listening to:
webcast of today's 11 am service at Morningstar
dinner:
ravioli del sol
mandarin orange spinach salad
daniel, joshua
the privilege of persecution
the great stagnation
today grateful for:
Christ
my boys
having 2 boys
the Bible
the gift of the human capacity for thought
music
coffee
having a riding lawn mower
our front porch
A/C
God's presence
No comments:
Post a Comment