"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Fuel and priority

I have been pondering my post from yesterday, January 31 and considering my weakness and my sources. I am the one who made the initial decision to change but I am not the source of perserverance or the energy that fuels this journey. That can only come from God. As many folks already know, it takes a daily "trip" to remain fueled. You cannot stockpile your spiritual fuel. My time on this earth is short at best relative to the scheme of things. In the days immediately following Andy's death, perspective was so clear to me. Daily I realized what was important and what was "a waste of time."
Important-time with those I love
Wasted time-arguing with those I love
Important-seeking God
Waste-anything that is not seeking and serving God
Important-realizing everything I have is God's
Waste-any importance on stuff
What was so clear then, I cannot see as easily now. I have continued to travel and things are getting getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. It is so easy for me to fall back into old habits and my aim each day is to choose not to do that.

"Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” John 12:35-36

"If Christian martyrs teach us anything, it is that we must use creative energy in order to promote the gospel. Their ingenuity, courage, and even craftiness ought to awaken our own spirit for spreading the Good News. While not everyone has the opportunity to smuggle Scriptures into restricted areas, we can still be willing servants for the kingdom." Voice of the Martyrs, Extreme Devotion

No comments: