"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper

"i must kneel to fight" -ben harper*

"two days cannot be lived: yesterday and the day after you die." -john piper*

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Days 9 & 10

These have been two days that seem more like a blur looking back.

Wednesday is our family night, which consists of our commitment ot spend a few hours with just each other. We eat at home on family night. We do a study together from a devotional book,
Gotta Have God. The boys repeat their weekly memory verse again. If they had recited it correctly on 4 different days in the past week and then again on our family night, they each earn a prize from the mystery prize bag. I think memorization of scripture is critical. I have found when I am pressed by tough circumstances, I pull from my reservoir of memorized scripture and praise music. I want my boys to have those Words ever present in their minds-reminding them of who they are in God's eyes and who God is. And to boot, memorization is good brain work. We round out our family nights with reading from a novel and playing a game together.

Yesterday and today, when I looked at my hand, I was reminded of my February love commitment. I also planned out some acts and as a result I felt more focused. Over these past 2 days, I had zero "V8" moments.

Tonight my eldest attended a friend's birthday party at the local skating rink/arcade, so my youngest and I had our own fun night. We went out to our fav local pizza place and he told me jokes for 20 plus minutes. Tonight he learned the meaning of the word hysterical, which he used a dozen or so times during conversation. Then we giggled and shared a banana split.

on this day in February:
celebration (celebrating February & Acts of Love) - 5
discards-5
nonessential purchases - 0

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

I never leave your hands...


Currently listening to:
JJ Heller
Jill Phillips
Warren Barfield

Dinner:
gluten-free pizza

Currently reading:
Ephesians

Today grateful for:
good health
my boys
my newborn niece
a warm house
my son's friends
my sons' teachers
purpose
my students
coffee
the Word

No comments: