Yesterday was a LONG day with tons of meetings and monkey-wrenches that had to be handled. The evening was supposed to be just for being with the boys...going to their school for open house/orientation. In the midst, I found out that my cell phone company had terminated my service because the bank had refused my check because it did not apparently like my account number. Turns out that the little guy, that's me, is getting the bad end of the deal as my big bank got swallowed up by a ginormous bank. I have learned in this past week that there are many more bad deals for us little guys to come from this mega bank. (Great! so now in my free time I get to search for and switch my bank.) Anywho, I was distracted by trying to handle all of this and I forgot to take my kids' big boxes of school supplies (which I spent a long time labeling night before last) to the school for orientation....my weekly "mom-forgot-something" moment. Even though I turned to fast food for our dinner, I did manage to get in our nightly reading session. I continue to be inspired by the actions of another single parent, librarian, written of in the Reading Promise. (We started our streak on June 8, 2011...73 days ago.)
A quote from Oswald Chambers I am ruminating over:
"Discouragement is disillusioned self-love, and self-love may be love for my devotion to Jesus— not love for Jesus Himself."
currently listening to:
my eldest turning the pages of his book as he reads for his required time(homework from mom)
dinner(last night):
fast food
the horse and his boy
unclutter your life in one week
the reading promise
romans
today grateful for:
my boys
God
provision
electricity
modern appliances
clean water
sleep
1 comment:
I recommend BB&T :-)
We switched to them when we moved to charlottesville, years ago.
The biggest draw for us was the fact that they have branches ALL over town...and in lots of towns. So the location factor is great when you're looking for an ATM.
that's my 2 cents :)
Post a Comment